Welcome to The Health and Well-Being Committee's Web Page
Our group consists of representatives from Year 2 - 6.
We meet regularly to discuss our work and update the progress being made.
This term we have been focusing on healthy lunches, we have conducted a healthy lunch survey at lunchtime. We are currently planning an assembly about healthy packed lunches and play activities on the yards.
Our current targets are -
Zone Managers & Physical Activity
- Further develop yard provision to include a range of activities to encourage physical activity and also the calm area for pupils who want to relax and enjoy quiet time.
- Develop Golden Rules for the yard.
- Share Golden Rules during an assembly lead by pupils.
- Encourage pupils to eat a healthy lunch by making healthier choices. Enjoy pupils to drink water throughout the day and during lunchtime.
- Encourage healthy choices by holding assemblies lead by pupils.
- Create a nomination book for Zone Managers and Junior Lunchtime Supervisors to nominate pupils to receive an award in Celebration Assemblies to celebrate healthy choices and also excellent behaviour and conduct on the yard (link to Values).
- Lunchtime supervisors to celebrate and congratulate pupils who are making healthy choices and drinking water through the use of stickers.
- Continue to offer a range of seasonal fruit choices for Fruit Tuck time in classes, Health and Wellbeing Committee members to encourage pupils to partake in Fruit Tuck time and review provision if required.
We have also been creating our 'Golden Rules for the Yard' so that all pupils are aware of the expectations when we have social time.