Croeso i Dosbarth 2
To begin this term, we carried out a 2-week One World - Our World project on Caerphilly. Our class Travel Ted went there for his Christmas holiday and brought back pictures and souvenirs for the children to look at. We found out and talked about the different things there are in Caerphilly to see and do and wrote postcards from Ted's holiday.
This term out topic is
During the first half term this topic takes us to Egypt and for the second half term it will take up to space!
A Home-School Task will be set over half term.
We look forward to our annual Eisteddfod performances for the St David's Day celebrations later this term.
We are looking into planning a class trip in the second half of this term, details will follow shortly!
Things to remember:
- Homework will be sent home on Thursdays, to be returned on Mondays;
- Reading books will be sent home on Fridays, to be returned on Mondays;
- Spellings / phonics will be tested on Thursdays and new word lists sent out on the same day;
- Talk Homework will be sent home on Fridays and will be related to the focus in class for the following week;
- PE kit needs to be in school all week, PE is usually on Wednesdays and Thursdays but timetables can often change.
- Fruit tuck money needs to be paid on Mondays, 50p per week.
& Mrs Greenslade